Monday, May 7, 2012

Quotes of the Day, Monday, May 7, 2012

I've gone into hundreds of [fortune-teller's parlors], and have been told thousands of things, but nobody ever told me I was a policewoman getting ready to arrest her.
        New York City Detective
 
In the United States there is more space where nobody is than where anybody is. That is what makes America what it is.
        Gertrude Stein (1874 - 1946), The Geographical History of America (1936) 

The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were.
        David Brinkley (1920 - 2003) 

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
        Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...